Monday, August 4, 2008

Today...

We spent the early afternoon driving home from a family reunion. It was only about a two hour drive, but I honestly wish it could have been longer. It was one of those summer days that embody everything beautiful about Saskatchewan. The sky was spotted with cumulus clouds that floated in layers across that endless blue sea. Some of them seemed to hang so low that they were just begging you to try to jump up and touch them. The wind was strong enough to keep the fields in constant motion, grass and grain like a tidal wave against the gravel roads, but not so strong that the dust became overwhelming. I was more excited to be alive than I have been in a long time.

I really wanted to get something written down about how beautiful today was before I completely crashed. I'm absolutely exhausted from all the activity of the weekend, so now it's off to bed for me.

No comments: